Last modified: June 9, 2021
Global Location Technologies LLC (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or your affiliates (“You”) or that you may provide when you visit the website http://www.siteshepherd.com/ (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Our inclusion of links to websites operated by parties other than the Company does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators. Further, it is up to the You to take precautions to ensure that whatever links You select or software the You download (whether from this site or other websites) is free of such items as viruses, worms, trojan horses, defects and other items of a destructive nature. These websites and services may have their own privacy policies, which You will be subject to upon linking to the third party’s website. The Company strongly recommends that You review the third party’s terms and policies.
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or register on the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as business locations, business size, business needs, and other business information; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website, including but not limited information about your site selection project. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, filling out forms, questionnaires or surveys, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “Individual User Contributions”). Your Individual User Contributions kept confidential to other users of the Website. Although we limit access to your Individual User Contributions, we reserves the right to use Individual User Contributions only to perform data analytics to determine trends by examining Individual User Contributions in in aggregate form (“Aggregate User Contributions”).Additionally, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your Individual User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your Individual User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To provide market analytics and insights for public consumption.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To perform internal proprietary data analytics using Aggregate User Contributions.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
We may use your Personal Information in furtherance of our legitimate interest to provide you with the Services offered by Company. We may also use your information to manage our contractual relationship with you or to comply with our legal obligations.
To the extent we rely on consent for the processing of your Personal Information, we will seek such consent at the time we collect your Personal Information. We may also use the Personal Information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Global Location Technologies LLC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Global Location Technologies LLC about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Global Location Technologies LLC, our customers, or others.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: email@example.com However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute’s opt-out requirements.
Whenever we collect Personal Information from you, we may do so on the following legal bases:
Provided that, in each circumstance, we will weigh the necessity of our processing for the purpose against your privacy and confidentiality interests, including taking into account your reasonable expectations, the impact of processing, and any safeguards which are or could be put in place. In all circumstances, we will limit such processing for our legitimate business interest to what is necessary for its purposes.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may have certain rights relating to your Personal Information, subject to local data protection law. Whenever you choose to visit our Site and use our Services, we aim to provide you with choices about how we use your Personal Information. If we have collected your Personal Information because you visited our website or contacted us, then we will facilitate your rights directly because we are the controller of your Personal Information. If we have collected your Personal Information on behalf of a customer when you have been employed by that customer, your rights are facilitated by the customer because they are the controller of your Personal Information.
Subject to applicable law, you may obtain a copy of Personal Information we maintain about you. In addition, if you believe that Personal Information we maintain about you is inaccurate, subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request that we correct or amend the information by contacting us as indicated in the “Contact Information” section below. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information.
- European Users’ Rights With Respect to Personal Data
Some data protection laws, including the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), provide you with certain rights in connection with Personal Data you have shared with us when we are the data controller. If you are resident in the European Economic Area, you may have the following rights:
- The right of access. You have the right to request a copy of your Personal Data which we hold about you.
- The right of correction: You have the right to request correction or changes of your Personal Data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to be forgotten: You have the right to request us, at any time, to delete your Personal Data from our servers and to erase your Personal Data when it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data. Note, however, that deletion of your Personal Data will likely impact your ability to use our services.
- The right to object (opt-out): You have the right to opt-out of certain uses of your Personal Data, such as direct marketing, at any time.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to a “portable” copy of your Personal Data that you have submitted to us. Generally, this means your right to request that we move, copy or transmit your Personal Data stored on our servers / IT environment to another service provider’s servers / IT environment.
- The right to refuse to be subjected to automated decision making, including profiling: You have the right not to be subject to a decision and insist on human intervention if the decision is based on automated processing and produces a legal effect or a similarly significant effect on you.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
You can make these requests by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting us at the “Contact Information” section below. We will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
Your California “Shine the Light” Law Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
We have implemented administrative, technical and physical measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk, taking into account technological reality, cost, the scope, context and purposes of processing weighted against the severity and likelihood that the processing could threaten individual rights and freedoms. For example, we use commercially reasonable security measures such as encryption, and Secure Socket Layer software (SSL) or hypertext transfer protocol secure (HTTPS) to protect Personal Data.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website. We are not responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access, and we make no warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that we will prevent such access, and we are not responsible for any damages or liabilities relating to any such incidents to the fullest extent permitted by law. Where required under law, we will notify you of any such loss, misuse or alteration of Personal Information that may affect you so that you can take the appropriate actions.
Our Retention of Your Personal Data
We may retain your Personal Information for a period of time consistent with the original purpose for collection. For example, we keep your Personal Information for no longer than reasonably necessary for your use of our programs and Services and for a reasonable period of time afterward. We also may retain your Personal Information during the period of time needed for us to pursue our legitimate business interests, conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.